We have given you the backdrop on this in the past. Consumers do expect you to know even if the vehicle sold is pre-owned and not in your franchise basket. So while you are not legally responsible today to ensure that recalls on pre-owned vehicles are done, there is a growing trend around the country to require disclosure at a minimum. FADA is even in some discussions with Jim Taylor at Auto Data Direct about working with the Feds through NHTSA to make recall data available to all dealers on all linemakes.
- Hurricane and Tropical Storm Preparedness July 27, 2021
- FTC Issues Policy Statement on “Illegal Repair Restrictions” July 27, 2021
- Legislative amendment for Garage Liability Insurance and Surety Bond requirements for all licensed motor vehicle dealers July 21, 2021
- Register now for FADA’s Cybersecurity Webinar July 20, 2021
- Legislative amendment regarding Odometer Disclosure Exemption for motor vehicles July 20, 2021
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.