We have compiled several resources including who to call when you have a question about either your recently purchased vehicle or service visit, as well as general information on Florida’s New Car Lemon Law.
- The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services functions as the state’s clearinghouse for consumer complaints. They assist consumers with information, protection and complaints, regardless of whether they regulate the particular industry. To learn more about filing a consumer complaint, please visit their website.
- The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services regulates motor vehicle repair shops in Florida. Please visit their website for detailed information regarding the regulation of motor vehicle repair.
- For general questions or consumer program related topics, please call the toll-free Consumer Services Hotline at 1-800-HELP-FLA (1-800-435-7352) or Non-Florida Residents (850) 410-3800.
- Florida’s Lemon Law applies to NEW or demonstrator vehicles sold or long-term leased in the state of Florida. If you would like information about Florida’s Lemon Law, please visit the Florida Office of the Attorney General. The Lemon Law Hotline is 1-800-321-5366.
- The Attorney General’s fraud hotline is 1-866-966-7226 (1-850-414-3990 for consumers outside Florida.)
- All other complaints against Florida dealers should be filed with the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles at the county office responsible for the dealership. To file a complaint and access the address of the county office nearest you, please click here.