Last week, the Supreme Court in Facebook, Inc. v. Duguid et al. (Slip Op., Case No. 19-511 (April 1, 2021) resoundingly resolved this dispute, ruling unanimously in favor of a more restrictive interpretation of “autodialer.” While this decision will not mean the end of all TCPA litigation, it should finally provide some certainty for businesses and telemarketers and allow them to employ more modern techniques to interact with consumers. Dealers should consult with their legal counsel to determine the impact of this decision on their telephone systems and telemarketing efforts. Read more
- Governor DeSantis Signs Telephone Solicitation Bill June 2, 2023
- Endorse Partner, ACV partners with True 360 June 2, 2023
- Effective July 1, 2023, all employers with at least 25 employees must use an E-Verify System June 2, 2023
- FTC Cracks Down on Targeted Advertising Without User Consent June 2, 2023
- FTC Safeguards Rule Compliance Deadline is June 9 May 10, 2023
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.