Last week, the Supreme Court in Facebook, Inc. v. Duguid et al. (Slip Op., Case No. 19-511 (April 1, 2021) resoundingly resolved this dispute, ruling unanimously in favor of a more restrictive interpretation of “autodialer.” While this decision will not mean the end of all TCPA litigation, it should finally provide some certainty for businesses and telemarketers and allow them to employ more modern techniques to interact with consumers. Dealers should consult with their legal counsel to determine the impact of this decision on their telephone systems and telemarketing efforts. Read more
- Hurricane Charitable Foundation, Resources October 3, 2022
- Charging EVs overnight might get a lot more expensive, says Stanford study September 26, 2022
- A $2 Trillion Fraud with Employee Retention Credits Puts Financial Advisors on Edge September 26, 2022
- Survey finds 74% of participants prefer to buy EVs at dealerships September 26, 2022
- Local Dealerships and Legacy Auto Manufacturers Continue to Move the EV Revolution Forward September 23, 2022
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.