Last week, the Supreme Court in Facebook, Inc. v. Duguid et al. (Slip Op., Case No. 19-511 (April 1, 2021) resoundingly resolved this dispute, ruling unanimously in favor of a more restrictive interpretation of “autodialer.” While this decision will not mean the end of all TCPA litigation, it should finally provide some certainty for businesses and telemarketers and allow them to employ more modern techniques to interact with consumers. Dealers should consult with their legal counsel to determine the impact of this decision on their telephone systems and telemarketing efforts. Read more
- Dealer Pay: The Safeguard Against Chargebacks and Fraud December 4, 2023
- Use of Dealer License Plates December 4, 2023
- REYNOLDS AND REYNOLDS ANNOUNCES REVISED LAW® 553 RETAIL INSTALLMENT SALE CONTRACTS FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA November 30, 2023
- 413 Florida Dealerships are Calling on President Biden to Reconsider Proposed EV Regulations November 29, 2023
- CBTNews: Dealers gather to celebrate inaugural FADA Hall of Fame inductees November 10, 2023
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.