Last week, the Supreme Court in Facebook, Inc. v. Duguid et al. (Slip Op., Case No. 19-511 (April 1, 2021) resoundingly resolved this dispute, ruling unanimously in favor of a more restrictive interpretation of “autodialer.” While this decision will not mean the end of all TCPA litigation, it should finally provide some certainty for businesses and telemarketers and allow them to employ more modern techniques to interact with consumers. Dealers should consult with their legal counsel to determine the impact of this decision on their telephone systems and telemarketing efforts. Read more
- FTC Puts Hundreds of Businesses on Notice about Fake Reviews and Other Misleading Endorsements October 14, 2021
- DMV Alerts Dealers of Email Scam October 14, 2021
- White House Reviewing OSHA’s Draft COVID-19 “Vaccinate-or-Test” Mandate October 14, 2021
- Survey: 23% Of Americans Would Consider EV As Next Car October 7, 2021
- Study reveals dealerships remain central to the car buying experience October 4, 2021
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.