In 1960, Machado began focusing on automotive retail, especially with the large influx of exiles from Cuba. With a steady increase in business, Machado operated a series of used car dealerships throughout the next decade such as American Auto Sales, Big Trail Auto Sales and G.M. Auto Export and purchased his first dealership, Gus Machado Buick, in 1982. With these gains, Machado would go on to become the No. 1 Ford dealer in Dade County.
- FTC Proposes Rule to Ban Junk Fees and Bait & Switch Tactics July 1, 2022
- FTC proposal would crack down on car dealers’ websites, F&I offices June 29, 2022
- Telemarketing Can Result in Huge Penalties June 29, 2022
- KIA Autosport of Pensacola Donates New Car to Publix Employee June 28, 2022
- Myths & Misconceptions About the Revised FTC Safeguards Rule June 28, 2022
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.