Dealers please be aware of individuals trying to use fake US Treasury checks to purchase vehicles. You can use the Treasury Check Verification System as a tool to assist in fraud detection, but you still need to verify the security features of a U.S. Treasury check. All U.S. Treasury checks are printed on watermarked paper. When held up to the light, the watermark reads “US Treasury” from both the front and the back. Additional security features are available HERE.
- Press Release: Distinguished Automotive Leaders to be Inducted into Florida Automobile Dealers Association Hall of Fame September 25, 2023
- ACV Auctions: Don’t Fear the Future of AI in Automotive September 20, 2023
- ComplyAuto: The Real Threat to Dealerships is Not the Revised FTC Safeguards Rule September 14, 2023
- Major Questions, Standing to Take Stage for Car Rules Arguments September 13, 2023
- FLHSMV: Notice Of Planned Outage September 7, 2023
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.