If you bought and placed in service a new qualified plug-in electric vehicle (EV) or fuel cell vehicle (FCV) on January 1, 2023 or later and meet certain income limitations, you may be eligible for a clean vehicle tax credit up to $7,500 under Internal Revenue Code Section 30D.
Qualified Manufacturers of the vehicles listed HERE have indicated that the vehicles are currently eligible for a credit provided other requirements are met. Check back for additions to this list.
For vehicles purchased in 2022 or before, credit eligibility was determined under different criteria.
North America Final Assembly and MSRP Requirements
Vehicle make/models that appear in the list below do not automatically qualify. They must also
- Have undergone final assembly in North America
- Not exceed a manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) of
- $80,000 for vans, sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks
- $55,000 for other vehicles
To see if a specific vehicle meets the assembly requirements:
- Note the vehicle’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Go to the Department of Energy’s page on Electric Vehicles with Final Assembly in North America
- Use the VIN Decoder tool under “Specific Assembly Location Based on VIN”