The IRS issued new guidelines that concludes that expenses paid with PPP loan forgiven proceeds are not a tax deductible business expense. This reverses what would have likely been an unintended windfall to PPP loan borrowers in that they would be fully reimbursed for the subject expense, not have to pay income tax on that reimbursement and then get a write-off of that expense (which would essentially give the employer back 33% of that expense).
- OSHA Issues Guidance on COVID-19 Risks for Unvaccinated and At-Risk Workers June 16, 2021
- From Helpful to Hacked in 30 Seconds June 14, 2021
- 2021 Legislative Report June 8, 2021
- Are you prepared for Hurricane season? June 7, 2021
- The customers enjoy watching their vehicles get inspected June 7, 2021
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.