The IRS issued new guidelines that concludes that expenses paid with PPP loan forgiven proceeds are not a tax deductible business expense. This reverses what would have likely been an unintended windfall to PPP loan borrowers in that they would be fully reimbursed for the subject expense, not have to pay income tax on that reimbursement and then get a write-off of that expense (which would essentially give the employer back 33% of that expense).
- Miami dealership group puts employee health first with wellness programs September 11, 2020
- Virtual Retailing: How to Improve CX & Drive Sales September 9, 2020
- New Guidance on FFCRA, PPP Loan Forgiveness September 2, 2020
- Treasury Issues Guidance on Payroll Tax Holiday August 31, 2020
- Reminder: Deadline to File and Pay Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax is Aug. 31 August 28, 2020
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.