The IRS issued new guidelines that concludes that expenses paid with PPP loan forgiven proceeds are not a tax deductible business expense. This reverses what would have likely been an unintended windfall to PPP loan borrowers in that they would be fully reimbursed for the subject expense, not have to pay income tax on that reimbursement and then get a write-off of that expense (which would essentially give the employer back 33% of that expense).
- FTC Proposes Rule to Ban Junk Fees and Bait & Switch Tactics July 1, 2022
- FTC proposal would crack down on car dealers’ websites, F&I offices June 29, 2022
- Telemarketing Can Result in Huge Penalties June 29, 2022
- KIA Autosport of Pensacola Donates New Car to Publix Employee June 28, 2022
- Myths & Misconceptions About the Revised FTC Safeguards Rule June 28, 2022
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.