The Senate Commerce & Tourism Committee and the House Civil Justice & Claims Subcommittee will hear SB 466 and HB 775, respectively on Monday March 27 and Tuesday March 28. While FADA, AutoNation and the factories are still working on a compromise of the percentage of compensation in this legislation, a non-stakeholder, Associated Industries of Florida (AIF), has issued a statement of opposition as it “intervenes in a contractual agreement”. Florida has regulated the relationship between dealers and factories through the franchise law for over 40 years, as dealers cannot negotiate contracts and to protect the interests of the citizens and businesses of Florida. FADA wishes to advise dealers of AIF’s position.
- SBA Issues New PPP Loan Forgiveness Guidance and Documents January 22, 2021
- CFPB task force weighs in on auto lending discrimination January 15, 2021
- SBA reopens PPP loan program: UPDATED January 15, 2021
- IRS offers guidance on deducting PPP expenses January 12, 2021
- FTC Publishes Inflation-Adjusted Civil Penalty Amounts for 2021 January 11, 2021
Information provided on the flada.org website is designed to be accurate and authoritative, with respect to the subject matter covered. It is provided with the understanding that FADA is not engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.