Since 1920, the Florida Automobile Dealers Association has served as the advocate for Florida’s dealers in the legislature. One of FADA’s primary objectives is to become one of the most influential members of the Florida business community. Our success depends on dealer involvement, not just staff expertise. We depend upon your active involvement in FADA’s grassroots lobbying process – your quick response to our call-to-action legislation reports and through your financial support. Take action now using the information below and be a part of your success! And check back here often for updates on our activities as well as requests for action.
When Does Session Begin?
The 2017 Regular Legislative Session will convene on March 7, 2017.
2017 Legislation to Watch
Once Session begins, check back here for the bills which FADA is tracking.
How to Get Involved
Every member should learn their Senator and Representative(s) – we need you to encourage them to support FADA supported legislation. Please note that due to your dealership location you may have relationships with more than one Senator or Representative; if so, communicate with all of them!
- Find out who your legislators are, contact them and introduce yourself. Better yet, invite them for a cup of coffee at your dealership; it will be a great way to introduce yourself and give them a first-hand look at your business.
- Visit Tallahassee during Session. The 2017 Session runs from March 7th – May 5th, we’d love to welcome you here. Walk the halls of the capitol, meet your legislators, and see first-hand how FADA works during Session. Get in touch – we’d love the opportunity to welcome you to Tallahassee.
- Designate an under 40 in your store as your legislative delegate. Many lawmakers today are younger so what better way to get your young exec involved than to have them as FADA’s point of contact for legislative efforts. Email us for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate to CAR-PAC, it’s an investment in your business, your future, and your industry because CAR-PAC is the juice of our legislative process.
- Donate to the Lobbyist Fund; we work hard to secure the best talent possible working for you and your business at the capitol.